Lack of Respect
My mother shook her finger;
She told me to reflect.
I said, “I’m not a mirror.
Or am I incorrect?”
“You’re a kid with no respect!”
Is what I heard her say.
Then she locked me in my room
And threw the key away.
Mind Your Elders
A man walked down his driveway;
His path was not direct.
He dodged the snow his children threw;
He never got respect.
It’s not who’s the toughest,
Or who likes to boast—
A person that’s kind
Is respected the most.
- And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. (Ephesians 4: 32)
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith. (Galatians 5: 22)
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God. (1 John 4: 7)
- In all things show yourself with a pattern of good works. In teaching showing integrity, seriousness and sincerity. (Titus 2: 7)
The White Head
- Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honor the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the Lord. (Leviticus 19:32)