Feeding a Panda Bear …
Who wouldn’t want a beautiful animal like a panda bear riding on an ark with them? Noah just would’ve had to collect a whole lot of bamboo!
- Noah was aboard the ark for about a year and seventeen days.
- We’ll go with a lunar year being 360 days, for a total of 377 days.
- A typical panda bear eats between 20 and 40 pounds of bamboo a day.
- Two panda bears would’ve eaten between 40 and 80 pounds of bamboo a day.
- A panda bear duo would’ve eaten between 7,540 and 15,080 pounds of bamboo.
- On the high-side, that is about 7.5 tons of bamboo.
- With moderate growth, an acre today can produce 20 tons of bamboo.
- Using those numbers, harvesting less than a half of an acre would’ve fed the pandas.
There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. (10) And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. (11) In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. (12) And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. (Genesis 7: 9-12)
And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. (14) And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.(Genesis 8: 13-14)